This scholarship supports one student throughout that student's four years of medical school in equal installments. The Adopt-a-Doc scholarship program was established in 2010 with a gift from pediatrician Russell Libby, MD '79.
The deadline for Adopt-a-Doc scholarship application is Friday, January 7, 2022. Please take some time to complete the application, as this is a great opportunity. Only first-year medical school students need apply.
Application Requirements (all documents must be labeled with name and GWID at the top of each page):
- Please provide a current brief resume or CV.
- Please attach no more than one (1) page in response to the following:
- You must included your name, email address, and GWID at the top of your essay.
- What activities/events have you engaged with since becoming a GW medical student and what have you accomplished in being part of these activities?
- What do you consider to be your highest leadership achievement so far?
- What academic, community, professional, or other activity are you most proud of?
- What are your long-range goals in medicine? Do you have an interest in a specific specialty (primary care, neurology, orthopaedics, etc.)?
- Some of the donors of the Adopt-a-Doc scholarships have requested that the award be given to students with demonstrated financial need. By submitting an application for an Adopt-a-Doc scholarship you consent to share financial aid information submitted to the Office of Financial Aid with the Scholarship Committee.
- If you will email your application, the subject line must be: your last name, ADOPTADOC2022.