This scholarship supports one student throughout that student's four years of medical school in equal installments. The Adopt-a-Doc scholarship program was established in 2010 with a gift from pediatrician Russell Libby, MD '79.
Students interested in applying must complete the GWay Application by October 13, 2023. In addition to applying for general scholarships on GWay, you will need to submit additional documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 5, 2024. Please take some time to complete the application, as this is a great opportunity. Only first-year medical school students need apply.
Application Document Requirements (all documents must be labeled with name and GWID at the top of each page):
- Please provide a current brief resume or CV.
- Please attach no more than one (1) page in response to the following:
- You must included your name, email address, and GWID at the top of your essay.
- What activities/events have you engaged with since becoming a GW medical student and what have you accomplished in being part of these activities?
- What do you consider to be your highest leadership achievement so far?
- What academic, community, professional, or other activity are you most proud of?
- What are your long-range goals in medicine? Do you have an interest in a specific specialty (primary care, neurology, orthopaedics, etc.)?
- Some of the donors of the Adopt-a-Doc scholarships have requested that the award be given to students with demonstrated financial need. By submitting an application for an Adopt-a-Doc scholarship you consent to share financial aid information submitted to the Office of Financial Aid with the Scholarship Committee.
- If you will email your application, the subject line must be: your last name, ADOPTADOC2024.